วันพุธที่ 8 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2551

The ObsessiveCompulsive Person

Do you continually check to see if the doors are locked while in your car or in your home? Do you listen for sounds in your motel room? Wonder if anyone is messing with your car parked outside?

Do you wash your hands over and over again like you had just come in contact with whatever causes leprosy? Well, if not today, five years ago.

Do you wonder if you put a stamp on that letter you just dropped into the mailbox after having checked the letter a zillion times?

Is that a spot of lint on the clothes drier exhaust screen? Do I need to dust the table out on the deck although I dusted it five minutes ago?

If the above describes your behavior, you have OCD.

I have OCD.

I learned that at http://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/ocd.html.

If you suspect you have OCD whatever you do don?t go to this web site. It won?t help you any.

Another warning: if you do not have OCD, don?t go there either. You might catch it.

For those of you who are now worried about catching leprosy because of my thoughtless example above, don?t go to http://www.flash-med.com/CauseofLeprosy.asp.

When I started this article, I was content being obsessive. My dad was obsessive. Why not me?

Dad checked the parking break on his car from Salt Lake City to Coeur d'Alene. I checked mine from Atlantic City to Payson, Arizona.

Psychology Today says on their site referenced earlier that the disease was rare until the psychologist decided to make a big deal about it.

Well, they didn?t say that. I?m just reading between the lines.

Now that the disease is a disease and is big rather than small, it can be treated by drugs and therapy.

Psychologist must now be making a bundle on OCD. I have a friend in the business. I?ll have to ask him.

I decided to write about being obsessive this afternoon. I didn?t have OCD until I went to the Psychology Today site. Then I caught it. So watch out if you go there.

Recently I have been scribbling out articles fo! r http:/ /ezinearticles.com/. I?ve been doing this for five months producing about 50 articles each month. There are over 12,000 writers and I wanted to be in the top 100. Then I wanted to be in the top 50. Then I wanted to be in the top 25. Then I wanted to be in the top 20. Now I want to be in the top 15. I decided that was being obsessive.

After going to Psychology Today I realize that I?ve had dangerous thoughts for years. Repetitive thoughts! D?j? vu all over again as Yogi Berra said.

These thoughts are of course harmless before you go to Psychology Today.

They then become dangerous and dehabilitating.

Psychology is an exact non-science.

Psychology is not an exact non-science.

Psychology is an exact non-science.

Psychology is non-science.

Don?t you just hate psychology?

Don?t you just hate psychology?

Oh! Sorry about that repetitive thinking.

Got to go! Just got an idea for Article Number 257!

Eleven more articles and I?ll be anchored at position 16?a great base camp for the great climb to number 15.

John T. Jones, Ph.D. (tjbooks@hotmail.com, a retired VP of R&D for Lenox China, is author of detective & western novels, nonfiction (business, scientific, engineering, humor), poetry, etc. Former editor of Ceramic Industry Magazine. He is Executive Representative of IWS sellers of Tyler Hicks wealth-success books and kits. He also sells TopFlight flagpoles. He calls himself Taylor Jones, the hack writer.

More info: http://www.tjbooks.com

Business web site: http://www.aaaflagpoles.com

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: